MéloDys Method is a method of teaching music tailored to dys disorders, designed there a decade by the teacher and pianist Alice Dormoy, in order to facilitate access to music for dys children, while helping them in their daily difficulties, especially at school.
In constant dialogue with speech therapists, neuropsychologists, associations, and Professor Habib expert on "dys" Melodys the method takes account of the latest scientific findings on proven effects of music on the neural circuits related reading and writing the language.
The Association Melodys indeed offers specialized courses that have been validated by the scientific community (Pr Michel Habib, neurologist, CNRS Marseille) for optimizing their effect on the brain of dyslexic. Some areas of language and practice a musical instrument being common, a review of current knowledge on the subject has identified the most effective teaching practices to help their children in school learning and support their traditional rehabilitation (speech therapy, occupational therapy, psychomotor, ...).
The Melodys method offers a suitable musical program and common tools for music teachers, school teachers, speech therapists.
- The Awakening musical adapted (4-6 years) supporting the French and math program for children Kindergarten Grande Section
- The instrumental lessons and musical education adapted
The innovation of the method is:
- The integration of neuroscience knowledge in music teaching, the method Melodys providing support to the usual rehabilitation (speech therapy, psychomotor therapy, occupational therapy ..)
- A learning music from a young age.
- A multisensory teaching, and emphasis on rhythmic practice and folk dance.
- Access to writing and reading of progressive music supporting the writing to the school and concentration, thanks to an innovative educational materials.
The Awakening musical adapted
The musical awakening workshop is aimed at smaller, from 5 years, small groups of 4 to 6 children, or the mother / primary classes.
The activities are fun but structured and progressive. Some of them are based on academic kindergarten program add sound logic diagrams, rhythmic counting struck from visuals grouping quantities, etc.
This program mobilizes the different senses of children (visual, auditory, tactile ..) multiplying the associations of ideas and stimulating memory through this intermediary. It integrates auditory development activities, language games, music pre-notation, rhythmic games on percussion instruments, body polyrhythm, an introduction to dance and instrument (chimes, mini piano, cajon) .
Instrument adapted and Musical Training
These workshops are changing for the biggest to the choice of instrument, and learning paced each. The instrumental lessons are individual or in pairs, the musical training courses are collective.
The first directory is not suitable, the instrumental playing is supported by music samples selected and arranged, rhythmic practice is supported by the anchor in the body, gross and fine motor skills are addressed, the partition is adapted.
Formation Musicale takes into account the difficulties encountered, discusses the theoretical aspects through active and multimodal experimentation fits written with specific patterns, embodies the abstract music notation.
- Carillon staircase: it is used to visualize the height of sounds, it is used for perceptual development and writing music, in association with the stairs cards.
- Stairs cards and other pre-musical notations:
- Musical Score in 3 dimensions:
- Elarged Paper Music
- Harmonic pipes: pipe music to discover the agreements by the motor.
- Brick boxes or stairs psychomotor: to live up sounds by the motor.
- Carillon intratonal: auditory finesse development tool. fine discrimination of treble and bass.
- Carpets keyboard: Keyboard ground on which children can learn the piano keys, find the interval in the horizontal dimension by the motor.
- Ground Score.
- Setting cache: cardboard frame for focusing the child's attention to an element of the partition during the course of instrument.
- Metal plate with magnets: metal plate to put an A4 sheet representing a range, and magnets representing the notes.
- Handprints and feet tool to achieve precise hit. Skips a gross motor skills at a fine motor.
- La constellation des dys, bases neurologiques de l’apprentissage et de ses troubles, M. Habib, Ed. De Boeck
- 14 chansons d’intervalles, M. de la Paz et A. Dormoy, Ed. Melodys
- Mélodys, Remédiation cognitivo-musicale des troubles d’apprentissage, M. Habib, C. Commeiras, Ed. De Boeck
- Numerous articles on music and language, in section "articles".